Monday, February 3, 2014

Camel pants- Five outfits



 
So...there are two things you can take away from this post. One, the main point which is that a great neutral piece will lend you countless outfits and if you have only think of black or navy as a neutral, try camel. I loved my camel color pants and the options so much that I made it a priority to find a new pair after I lost weight. The first pair had already been altered (hemmed) once and just weren't worth the investment of another alteration bill. I only paid $10 for them to begin with, so I was happy to invest in a second pair.  Camel is a great fall/winter color and pairs well with bright and jewel tones.
 
Second take away... lighting can really affect your photos and the colors of your outfits. In the collage above, the first two are the exact same pair of pants and the last three are the exact same pair, but the coloring is different in all of them. I'm certainly not a professional photographer but I'm learning and will definitely pay more attention to lighting in the future. Another helpful thing for this type of post with the same item would be to take photos at the same time of day and location each time. Good luck with that. I sometimes barely have time to take photos, much less the same time and place daily. Nor can we control mother nature and clouds vs sun, but I can do a better job of working with what I am given. You'll notice these photos span a time frame of two years, so they are going to have some differences. Best case scenario would be to recreate all the outfits and photograph them the same day and time, but... you know that time thing.... so I'm working with what I've got. I hope it still gives you some inspiration.
 
 
 Camel/pink/brown
 
 
Jan. 2, 2013
 

 
 
Aug. 27, 2013
 

 
Oct. 23, 2013

 
Dec. 23, 2013

 
One more way to wear camel HERE.