Monday, December 1, 2014

Dots and stripes


 
Blazer- Gap option  option
shirt- JCrew Factory  option  option
jeans- Loft option
shoes- Sears  option
Worn Nov. 23, 2014
 
I wore this outfit over a week ago on a day that was extremely wet and rainy. It wasn't hot or cold, but really unpredictable as how the rain would affect the feel of the temperature. I don't really have a need for rain boots, so I don't own any, but the rare day like this make dressing difficult. It seemed too hot for tall boots, but I wanted to keep my feet covered and dry. Most of my booties are suede with the exception of this pair. So this pair was the choice and the outfit was built from the bottom up. I wanted to wear a blazer to keep it dressy but not wear work clothes. Solution- boyfriend jeans. They work as the perfect casual mixer with a blazer. While I've worn this blazer and top together many times, the switch on the bottom to boyfriend jeans and booties made this a whole new outfit.
 
Here's a previous business attire version (not the exact same shirt, but similar, same blazer):
 
 
original post here
 
 
I hope everyone had a great holiday and didn't overspend on Black Friday. I did Christmas shopping right here in the comfort of my home onlinr in my pajamas and then did some much needed work in my home office/craft room so that decorating, gift wrapping and such will go much easier. I didn't get around to posting the last two days of last week. The travel and holiday buzz and preparations for Christmas seem to take over my time.
 
Below is today's verse from The Daily Bible Verse.  The commentary points out that we spend according to our passions. What does your spending say about your heart? I think the same goes for time. How you spend your time reveals much about what's importance to your heart. I think this is a much needed gentle reminder of where we should focus during this upcoming season.
 
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
– Matthew 6:19-20 (NIV)
 
Linking up here: