Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How I use Pinterest for outfit inspiration




Blazer- Gap  option  option
blouse- Limited  option  option
trousers- Belks  option option
shoes- Belks  option
Worn Feb. 13, 2015

There are multiple ways to use Pinterest for outfit inspiration. I use it as if I have no ability of my own to match clothing or dress myself. No, seriously, it can be  a great jumping off point. One of the ways I use Pinterest is for color inspiration. You don't have to recreate the exact look- just use the color combinations. Sometimes I search Pinterest and sometimes I pin from ads or blogs if it inspires something I want to remember.

Take this outfit for example. I started out searching generally under women's fashion or women's business attire Friday morning because I had failed to pick out clothes the night before and had no idea what I wanted to wear.  I was already running late. No time to stand and stare in the closet. I found this pin:


I immediately thought about these colors in my closet. Instant outfit. I swapped the skirt for pants and I was out the door. I think the skirt would be more chic than my pants and I have a grey skirt, but it was raining so I wasn't feeling the skirt.

I could have kicked it up a little with some accessories but I was doing good to get out the door clothed much less accessorized.

How do you use Pinterest? I'll be sharing more tips on how to use it for outfits soon.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'll be heading to work clad in green so I don't get pinched but I won't be able to take pics until afterwards so I'll share the outfit later in the week.

Linking up here: